Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
Welcome to First Table's Terms and Conditions for use.
This legal notice applies to the contents of the website under the domain name www.firsttable.ie ("Website").
Please read this agreement carefully. These represent the Terms and conditions for using this service. If you do not agree to these, you may not use this Website.
You are permitted to use our Website solely on the basis of these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions. Please check periodically for changes.
1. Use of the website
1.1 Subject to these Terms and Conditions you are authorised to view and download our Website for your personal use only. First Table may change, suspend or discontinue the Website at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. First Table may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of this Website without notice or liability.
1.2 You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access or otherwise use the Website, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long distance or local telephone service.
1.3 The Website may contain additional terms (for example conduct guidelines) that further govern the use of that First Table Website, including without limitation particular features or offers (for example competitions). If any Terms and Conditions contained in this agreement conflict with any Terms and Conditions contained within a First Table Website, then the Terms and Conditions in this agreement shall prevail.
1.4 Without affecting any of your statutory rights that cannot be lawfully excluded, First Table is not liable under any circumstances (including, but not limited to, negligence) for any losses, damages, liability, claims or expenses (whatsoever and irrespective of whether direct, indirect, consequential) arising from the use of the Website or the Services or from the use of, or inability to use, any service booked or purchased using the Website.
2. Registration and security
2.1 To register with First Table and purchase goods from our Website you must be over eighteen years of age. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details. You must give us your real name, phone number, email address and any other details that we may require to process your booking.
2.2 We reserve the right to decline a new customer registration or suspend a customer’s account at any time and at our sole discretion.
2.3 First Table reserves the right, in our absolute discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the services with or without notice.
2.4 First Table reserves the right in our absolute discretion to discontinue the Website or services, or any part thereof, at any time, with or without notice.
2.5 First Table may change the Website or delete features in any way, at any time and for any reason.
3. Member conduct
3.1 You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material.
- Transmitting material that is or which encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice.
- Gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems.
- Interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website.
- Breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks.
- Interfering or disrupting networks or websites connected to the Website.
- Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- Engaging in technically harmful behaviour, which includes but is not limited to: computer viruses, logic bombs, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data and other malicious software or harmful data.
3.2 First Table reserves the right to refuse to post material on our Website or to remove material already posted on the Website.
This website is operated by First Table Limited, PO Box 80, Queenstown 9348, New Zealand.
First Table Instagram Competitions
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who enter via Instagram only and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of New Zealand, Australia, UK and Ireland, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of First Table, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of First Table as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on the start date, time and time zone as stated on the competition, and ending as stated as well. All online entries must be received by the end time frame as stated, no exceptions.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry by commenting on the Instagram competition post. The entry must fulfil all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of First Table. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of First Table.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a First Table dining experience, worth no more than AUD $50, NZD $50, GBP £40 or EURO (IR) €40 unless stated otherwise. The dining experience will be in any participating First Table restaurant, subject to availability. The Winner must sign up to First Table website to book their restaurant of choice. They must book an early bird table through the website, no exceptions. The winner will be given booking credit to book chosen restaurant if available. Credit and dining experience must be used in 12 months before invalid. Credit must be used in one sitting and cannot be split over numerous dining experiences.
Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by First Table. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at First Tables’ discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for First Table to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of First Table. Winner will be notified by Instagram direct message and tag within five (5) days following selection of Winner. First Table shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER AT FIRST TABLE’S SOLE DISCRETION WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that First Table, anyone acting on behalf of First Table, and First Table licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of First Table. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless First Table from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which First Table may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: First Table reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond First Table’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, First Table may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by First Table. First Table reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. First Table has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, First Table reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless First Table and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF NEW ZEALAND, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in NEW ZEALAND having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall a participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is First Table, PO Box 80, Queenstown 9348, New Zealand
14 The Instagram Campaign hosted by First Table is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Join more than 700,000 diners who already ❤ First Table.
Join more than 1,400 restaurants who already ❤ First Table.